Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's time for Pumpkin Roll


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, pumpkin roll. I really think that heavenly log of yumminess is what started my love of baking. I was introduced to the pumpkin roll in the 7th grade during Home Ec. It was a total disaster. We really messed it up somehow and one of the Mom's had to come in and help us fix it. It was fun though and the best part was the award of eating our hard work.

I think every year after that I have made pumpkin roll for the family at Thanksgiving and as gifts. Five years ago I even sold it as one of my offerings through Kickshaw Confections. It was really hard to ship though so that was the only time I did that.

I started with the Libby's Pumpkin Roll recipe in 7th grade and through the years have changed it up to make my own secret recipe. Whenever someone asks me for my recipe I just direct them to Libby's because it is a great place to start.

Here's a picture of me and my roll from Thanksgiving 2010.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am scared to make a roll! I am a pretty good baker and cook, but this recipe scares me! I am going to try it and try not to have any expectations. Love your picture!

Heather said...

You can do it, it's really pretty easy! Let me know how it came out.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, it's 3:41AM right now and all I want to do is eat a pumpkin roll, it looks so yummy! Thanks for your Boojiboo apron love too! :D


Back to Bliss Bake Shop is my creative foodie outlet. I love being in the kitchen baking and cooking. We specialize in organic, natural, and local ingredients.

Followers