Sunday, May 1, 2011

Healthy snacks..Healthy snacks....



You know that song Mrs. Salt and Mr. Pepper sing from Blues Clues. I have it stuck in my head. Whole Foods had a big sale on organic strawberries on Friday so we bought some even though we still have tons in our freezer from picking them almost a year ago. Tonight I made the yummiest snack for the kids with them. I really wish I thought about doing it for the blog earlier. I would have made sure my camera was charged fully. I couldn't get a good focus on the shots. Oh well. You'll get the idea. So it's super easy. All you need is strawberries, heavy cream and honey. I'll give you the measurements I used but you could tweak it for more or less.

Slice 2 lbs of strawberries. Toss them with 1 Tbsp of honey. Set aside.
Make sure your heavy cream(1 pint) is very cold. Add it to a ceramic or stainless steel bowl. **I like to use either of these two bowls because it helps keep the cream cold when whipping it. Another trick I use is putting the bowl and the beaters in the fridge to get them cold.**
Add 3 Tbsp of honey to the cream and beat on high. Once it's thick and peaks form stop. If you go to much it will get grainy. It can take a very long time. Do not get worried it will work.
Spoon the cream on top of the strawberries and enjoy!

0 comments:


Back to Bliss Bake Shop is my creative foodie outlet. I love being in the kitchen baking and cooking. We specialize in organic, natural, and local ingredients.

Followers